About Our Church
Hamilton Church of God Church History
Wycliff Clarke and his family migrated from England to Hamilton On, Canada in 1971. Immediately upon arrival, he felt the call of God on his heart to start a church in Hamilton. After meeting with a few people who agreed for him to conduct prayer meetings in their apartments, soon the number was too large for apartments.
God provided a brother who opened his home for us to conduct Sunday services. In October 1972 the church was officially started with six people at the YWMCA Ottawa St. Hamilton ON. Six months later, we moved to the YMCA, 79 James Street, Hamilton.
God blessed this small group, soon it was time to officially organize this group into what is now known as Hamilton Church of God with 11 members, with Wycliff Clarke appointed as Pastor of the church.
In 1973 we bought our first building at 24 Poplar Ave. Hamilton ON. God again blessed us tremendously, and we outgrew and relocated to 1338 Stone Church Road. Hamilton in 1993.
Twenty-two years later, in 2015, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Williams, we moved to our present location,1955 Upper James Street, Hamilton, ON,
To God be the glory great things He has done.